Monday, April 27, 2009

The GPA is about to have a selection not an election!

Freddie Kissoon: Mr. Chabrol is vigorously campaigning for Mr. Moseley using the email-net work among media people. It doesn’t sound like the proper thing to do. But even if Mr. Chabrol’s efforts are within the moral realm, his defence of Mr. Moseley is overbearingly mediocre. I have opened my e-mails and all I read is Mr. Chabrol asking media people to vote for Moseley. Not a word about Moseley’s qualities and achievements. I told Mr. Chabrol as the President of the GPA, he should not use his office to campaign for Moseley. He denied this, saying he has a right as an individual to support who he wants to. I accept that. But he hasn’t penned a line so far publicly stating that.

I indicated that it would be of interest to me to know why he would like to see Mr. Moseley as the President of the GPA. His reply brings into focus how certain Guyanese journalists operate when it is their time to answer questions when they are the newsmakers. Remember Neil Marks refused to say why Guyana Times fired him. Mr. Chabrol asserted that he is not interested in offering his reasons. I wished he did. I could have better understood Mr. Moseley’s reason for running. I hope before the election date comes up, Mr. Chabrol can tell us why he is rooting for Moseley.

Mr. Moseley is currently bombarding your mailbox with slogans of “Vote for Gordon Moseley” but not a single line on why we must do so. Moseley tells us nothing about his achievements. Let me leave you with how the GPA operates.

No comments:

Post a Comment