Breaking New Ground
Marriott Hotels & Resorts expects to grow in emerging business and leisure travel destinations around the globe. In the Asia/Pacific, these include Nha Trang, on Vietnam’s central coast, with one of the world’s most beautiful bays; Hoi An, at Cua Dai Beach on the South China Sea in Vietnam, in close proximity to three UNESCO World Heritage sites and Da Nang International Airport; and Xi’an, in mid-west China, one of Four Great Ancient Capitals, and home to the famous Terracotta Army, dating back to 210 B.C., and discovered in Xi’an.
In the South America, Marriott properties are under development in Cartagena, Colombia, on the Caribbean Sea, and in Guyana’s capital city of Georgetown.
The Americas (12 hotels)
• 223-room Marriott Mexico City – Santa Fe, Mexico (2012)
• 425-room Chicago Marriott Naperville, USA (2012)
• 200-room Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, USA (2012)
• 278-room Cartagena Marriott Hotel, Colombia (2013)
• 201-room Marriott Hotel Georgetown, Guyana (2013)
• 250-room Atlanta Marriott Sugarloaf Parkway, USA (2013)
• 232-room Marriott Memphis Southeast, USA (2013)
• 284-room Peoria Marriott Downtown, USA (2013)
• 1,175-room Washington Marriott Marquis, USA (2014)
• 252-room Louisville Marriott Southeast, USA (2014)
• 17-room Cartegena Marriott Residence, Colombia (2014)
• 306-room St. Kitts-Marriott Residences at Frigate Bay, Saint Kitts and Nevis (2015)