In light of the hostility and opposition shown by the PNC led APNU and the AFC towards the idea of a reopening of the 'Claims and Objections' period of the national registration exercise Livinguyana will examine the issue and incidents surrounding this shameless attempt by these two political parties to once again deny a significant portion of our population a right which was denied to them for 28 years by the very PNC. The right to VOTE!
- About 2 months ago the PNC wrote GECOM concerning the possibility of the disenfranchisement of a large section of the voting population owing to their inability to secure documents necessary for registration on time
- The PPP agreed with the concerns of the PNC
- The PNC then commenced a program during which they obtained documents for some of their supporters.
- GECOM responded in acknowledgement of the concerns expressed by the both the PNC and PPP and advised on a process which would capture the disenfranchised block without affecting the election schedule.
- The PNC after having done investigations of their own and determining that there is little possibility of them gaining votes from this block took a sudden u-turn.